Skip to main content

UNION makes ALL the strength




Following the advice from a very expert consultant, I changed my views from an UNION between two select from the same table to UNION ALL and the performance improvements were simply amazing. Before doing so, I had verified that the query were returning different results with the INTERSECT command before doing so.

The difference is that UNION verifies that records are unique, while UNION ALL doesn't. The performance gain is very remarkable 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building bitcoin/litecoin on mac os x missing EC.h

For my own fun, I was playing around with bitcoin, to check how the parameters of the cryptocurrencies can be modified.

After recent upgrades to my OS, I could not build any longer the bitcoind. Seems like something changed on that side. Now this command

./configure --with-gui=qt5 --enable-debug
Was sistematically producing 
configure: error: OpenSSL ec header missing

EC is the file for elliptic curve cryptography. I had brew correctly configured, and the header files were all correctly present. After some time spent inspecting the issue, on github I was able to find the solution for this problem. I simply add to export the following
export LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/openssl/libexport CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include
There is aksi pull request on bitcoin for that, I hope I could save you some timehttps://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/6885/files?diff=split&unchanged=expanded