Skip to main content

If you can't install Oracle Express XE 11g 2 on Windows...

I spent the whole afternoon trying to set up a Oracle Express instance without any success.
I had the drivers installed, but I could not uninstall them.
It looked like the main instance was not correctly set up. After looking around, I noticed that even after complete uninstall of Oracle XE still the ORACLE_HOME environment variable was still there. I tried again manually removing it from System Variables and then reinstalling... and it finally worked!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Multiple controllers with Spring Boot

Remember, when you want to have multiple controllers with Spring Boot, you should always name them differently in the annotation, otherwise they will not work So these two together will NOT work (or just one of them will work) These two instead WILL work.

WASService.sh and ulimit.... a tricky combo

From version 7 onward, the Application Server scripts and configuration scripts have the good manner to set by themselves the right ulimit valu. So ulimit is now less a problem than it was before. The problem is that, sometime when dealing with linux services,things do not always get right. For example you get exceptions such as [11/14/13 12:06:15:483 CET] 00000066 exception     E com.ibm.ws.wim.adapter.ldap.LdapAdapter authenticateWithPassword                                  com.ibm.websphere.wim.exception.WIMSystemException: CWWIM4520E  The 'javax.naming.CommunicationException: ldapus.ldap.domain.com:389 [Root exception is java.net.SocketException: Too many open files]' naming exception occurred during processing. (In case you are asking, yes, network connections are counted as open files) That's why I strongly suggest to modify your /etc/security/limits.conf (on RedHat) bef...